REAL ESTATE & CONSTRUCTION LAW
Real Estate & Construction Law has always been one of our firm`s greatest strengths. Our specialists in this field have the confidence of many renowned companies and individuals from the industry.
Our client list comprises both national and international real estate companies as well as real estate affiliates of banks and insurance companies, large and mid-sized construction companies, property owners, investors, real estate fund management companies, plant manufacturers, project developers, project controllers, architects, engineers, brokers, property developers and construction managers.
The focus of our advice encompasses
- Real estate transactions: Due diligence, contract drafting and negotiation (including financing agreements with banks, mezzanine capital partners, etc.)
- Private construction law: Drafting of construction and property development contracts, negotiations, legal advice during construction, litigation, contract and claim management
- Public construction law: Building permit and local development planning procedures as well as building regulation procedures, in cooperation with the Public Law Practice Group
- Public private partnership: Advising commercial enterprises as well as the public sector
- Property law: Review and development of concepts for property purchase agreements
- The law governing architects and engineers: contract drafting, litigation (especially fee and liability litigation)
- Landlord and tenant law: Drafting lease agreements for residential properties as well as for commercial premises, contract negotiations, rental increases, termination of rental agreements and litigation of disputes between landlords and tenants
- The law governing agents and brokers: contract drafting, litigation
- Property funds: Advice on the development of property fund concepts, contract drafting in due consideration of the parties involved, review and preparation of prospectuses, representation of clients in disputes with investors and other parties involved, ongoing advice
In order to give you a clear picture of our work, we provide several examples of recent projects in the following:
- Comprehensive legal support for property investors (investment trusts, insurances, investment banks, etc.) during property transactions, i. e. the purchase or sale of numerous shopping centers, small specialist retailers, apartment complexes, office buildings, logistic properties and hotels in Germany. The respective project volumes of the past years range between 1 Million and 4 Billion Euro per project.
- Ongoing legal representation of two large German insurance companies in all matters regarding landlord and tenant law as well as construction law.
- Ongoing legal representation of a federal German state in numerous matters concerning architects law.
- Comprehensive and ongoing legal advice with regard to project developments (office buildings, shopping center, apartment complexes, hospitals, power plants, sport venues and stadiums). The respective project volume of the past years range between 10 Million and 350 Million Euro per project.
- Ongoing legal advice for a fund emission house (for closed funds) in all matters relating to real estate law and in particular the preparation of fund prospecti.
- Ongoing legal advice for foreign real estate investors with regard to real estate portfolios in Germany.